Have you experienced depression or an anxiety disorder prior to or during pregnancy? Are you pregnant and reading all the articles that start “I wish they would have told me”? Are you expecting your second child and feeling anxious because you had a tough postpartum period with your first? This seminar is for you.
This two-hour class taught by both a Labor and Delivery RN and Psychologist who specializes in maternal mental health will prepare you for all that postpartum brings. Learn about both the physical changes to expect and the very real emotional component that comes along with delivery.
Topics discussed will include:
- When does postpartum begin
- Normal Physiologic changes that occur
- Care of mom and baby
- What are “normal” postpartum emotions and how to deal with them
- Strategies and Techniques that can help in adjusting to new roles
- Signs and Symptoms of Perinatal Mood Disorders
- When and how to seek treatment
Investment: $30 per couple
Light refreshments will be served.