Preparing for an Office of Civil Rights (OCR) Audit
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 10:00 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This OCR audit training will offer healthcare providers and their business associates an in depth analysis of the requirements and preparation techniques for a Breach Notification and/or Security Audit.
Why Should You Attend:
Is your entity ready for an audit? What can your entity do to begin preparing now? Does your entity have adequate policies and processes in place to ensure compliance? Is your staff knowledgeable of your daily business processes, policies and procedures? How confident are you that your entity will meet or exceed the requirements of the privacy, security and breach notification rules? Improper privacy and security management can significantly damage your reputation, credibility, and profitability. Understanding the requirements, proper internal auditing and planning for an OCR Privacy, Breach Notification and/or Security audit will provide business transparency, improve public trust and overall business management of medical information.
This course will provide an overview of the OCR pilot study, assessment techniques, criteria for determining appropriate audit intervals, training techniques, and tips to engage senior management in audit preparation, cautions and pitfalls. Daily processes, regular audits and appropriate documentation will make your audit smooth and provide peace of mind.
Areas Covered in The Webinar:
- General requirements of a breach notification/security audit.
- Risk assessment tips
- Training tips
- Ideas for moving forward
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.