PREPARING & DEFENDING TAX RETURNS
FOR THE LEGAL MARIJUANA INDUSTRY
Ensuring tax professionals possess the tools to help the industry.
The legal marijuana industry finds itself in a very unique tax limbo - while the sale of marijuana is legal (but regulated) in many states, marijuana remains a Schedule I narcotic under federal law. As such, the preparation of tax returns for industry businesses is governed by Internal Revenue Code Section 280E and a number of court cases. Spend the day with us and acquire the tools you need to protect yourself, your practice and your clients.
Join us for 9* hours of continuing education taught by enrolled agents, CPAs and attorneys. Material to be covered includes:
- IRC Section 280E and the intersection with IRC 263A and IRC 471
- Chief Counsel's Advice 201504011
- Defending the Cash Only Business at Examination and Appeals
- Best practices for legal structure in the industry
- Update on Colorado rules and regulations
- Update on Oregon & Washington local tax issues
- Update of California issues
- Introduction to and discussion of Nevada issues
- Other states discussion
- Hear from former IRS employees involved in examinations of marijuana returns
- And more!
OUR REFUND, TRANSFER and CANCELLATION POLICY: Full refund, less $25 processing fee, if requested 21 days or more before the event. 50% refund if requested 8-20 days before event. No refund if requested less than 8 days from the event. Requests must be in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can honor a transfer to the same course at another venue. The following fees apply: $25 if the transfer is requested 21 days or more prior to the event you are registered for. A 50% fee is applied if you request the transfer 8-20 days before the event you are registered for. No transfers can be accommodated with less than 8 days of notice from the event you are registered for (effective 11/21/2015).