Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital's Prepared Childbirth Weekday Series will help prepare expectant families for the arrival of a new baby. Specially trained registered nurses provide expert preparation and support for the challenges of pregnancy and labor.
• Breathing, relaxation and coping methods for labor
• Stages of labor and delivery
• Medical options for labor and birth, including Cesarean
• Preparing for postpartum
• Childbirth Center tour
• Getting to know your newborn
• Gaining the Confidence to Breastfeed *
• New Parent Class *
* These separate classes are included in the fee for this Series and it is not necessary to register separately for the Breastfeeding and New Parent. You will receive more information about the Breastfeeding and New Parent classes in your registration receipt for the Childbirth Preparation Series.
Classes meet on Thursdays from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital.