Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital's Prepared Childbirth Weekday Series will help prepare expectant families for the arrival of a new baby. Specially trained registered nurses provide expert preparation and support for the challenges of pregnancy and labor.
• Breathing, relaxation and coping methods for labor
• Stages of labor and delivery
• Medical options for labor and birth, including Cesarean
• Preparing for postpartum
• Childbirth Center tour
• Getting to know your newborn
• Gaining the Confidence to Breastfeed *
• New Parent Class *
* The Breastfeeding and New Parent classes are included in the fee for this Series and it is not necessary to register. You will receive more information about the dates for the Breastfeeding and New Parent classes on the email confirmation receipt once you register for this Childbirth series.
Classes meet on five Thursdays from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital. This series begins December 1, 2016 and skips two weeks. The last class in this series is January 12, 2017.