Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital's Prepared Childbirth Weekday Series will help prepare expectant families for the arrival of a new baby. Specially trained registered nurses provide expert preparation and support for the challenges of pregnancy and labor.
• Breathing, relaxation and coping methods for labor
• Stages of labor and delivery
• Medical options for labor and birth, including Cesarean
• Preparing for postpartum
• Childbirth Center tour
• Getting to know your newborn
• Gaining the Confidence to Breastfeed *
• New Parent Class *
* These separate classes are included in the fee for this Series. It is not necessary to register separately for the Breastfeeding and New Parent classes if you are registered in a series. You will receive more information on your registration receipt.
The childbirth series meets on Wednesdays from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital. The Breastfeeding and New Parent classes meet from 7:00pm to 9:00pm.