Actions and Detail Panel
Prenatal Classes 2017
Sat, October 28, 2017, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM CDT
Prenatal classes will be held on select Saturdays from 8 AM - 4 PM in the Education Room at Lucas County Health Center.
This class is designed to help you understand the process of labor and delivery and to answer questions you may have about the process.
You will also have a chance to meet the labor and delivery nurses that will be caring for you on your big day including the following topics:
- Preparation for labor/comfort measures
- What to expect during labor and delivery
- True labor versus false labor
- Choices you can make
- Tour of Labor and Delivery Suites
- Normal care of a newborn
- After-delivery care of Mother
- Infant Safety
- Infant CPR
- Child seat Safety
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- Techniques, products, and clothing for optimal breastfeeding comfort
- Collection and storage of breast milk
With our highly trained instructors, you can be confident that you will receive the best education possible before the birth of your baby.