Pregnancy Options 101 & 201: Listening & Learning Together
Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 9:00 AM - Friday, February 28, 2014 at 4:00 PM (PST)
Are you familiar with the resources available to pregnant people considering abortion, adoption, and parenting? Come to Backline's Pregnancy Options 101 & 201 workshops to listen and learn more with your Bay Area colleagues!
Pregnancy Options 101 & 201: Listening & Learning Together is designed and hosted by Backline, a nonprofit organization that promotes unconditional and judgment-free support for the full spectrum of decisions, feelings, and experiences with pregnancy, parenting, abortion, and adoption. Our national toll-free Talkline (1-888-493-0092) offers peer counseling and support to hundreds of callers each year, at any point before, during and after their pregnancy experiences.
Pregnancy Options: Listening & Learning Together workshops offer a chance to re-charge, reconnect and explore new ways to support people in their pregnancy and parenting decisions, in a safe and supportive space with fellow health care professionals, advocates, counselors and educators.
- Thursday 2/27 is Pregnancy Options 101: an introduction to abortion, adoption and parenting, exploration of our values, and learning how to use nonjudgmental language, provide support, and make a quality referral.
- Friday 2/28 is Pregnancy Options 201: a deeper exploration of values, skill building, and lots of practice in nonjudgmental counseling through interactive role plays and exercises.You must attend a 101 workshop before you can attend the 201 workshop. If you attended 101 in February, you can register for the 201 day only by clicking here.
Pregnancy Options: Listening & Learning Together is cosponsored by ACCESS Women's Health Justice, Adoption Connection, Bay Area Doula Project, Homeless Prenatal Program, and Women's Options Center at San Francisco General Hospital.
Logistics & Policies
- Registration for Friday's Pregnancy Options 201 workshop is only available to those who also attend Thursday's 101 workshop (or who attended a previous Pregnancy Options 101 workshop).
- Participants must register by midnight February 23rd. No onsite registration will be allowed.
- We will start promptly at the time listed. Participants who arrive late will be admitted at the discretion of the trainers.
- Fees include food and all materials. Continental breakfast, coffee/tea, and lunch will be provided each day.
- You may cancel your registration up to one week (7 days) before the training, and your fee will be refunded minus processing fees. If you need to cancel fewer than 7 days prior to the designated training, there will be no refund but you may send a substitute from your agency, or transfer your registration to another Backline training of your choice.
- The meeting room and restrooms are wheelchair accessible. Assisted listening devices are available for the deaf and hearing impaired. Guide dogs and assistance animals for people with disabilities are permitted in the Center but must be on leash at all times and muzzled, if necessary.