San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Led by the co-founder of award winning Flat Classroom Projects, Julie Lindsay, this hands-on session will explore the pedagogy of collaboration and co-creation using a variety of tools. Educators will connect locally in teams for simple collaborations, and then learn how to take the local to global through effective curriculum design and management. Both synchronous and asynchronous strategies for global interactions and meaningful collaborative learning will be shared.
- An overview of the various parts of Google Apps for Education (GAFE) and an understanding of the amazing possibilities this suite offers learning;
- An overview of the administration of GAFE, including awareness of some of the common pitfalls when installing it;
- Examples of possibilities for enhancing and extending school administration/organisation, performance management, template creation, development of curriculum, student voice, how GAFE can link into your web site, and more;
- Practical tips for maximizing your own productivity with Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, and other time-saving collaborative tools;
- Links between the New Zealand Curriculum, your school vision for elearning and GAFE;
- Time to work on action plans to develop next steps for your school.
- Your school charter;
- A copy of the New Zealand Curriculum;
- Any action plans for elearning/ICT you may wish to look at as part of the workshop;
- Ideas for skills you want to learn using Google Apps and a readiness to share.
Using video with students has been shown to initiate wonder and spawn questions. Jim will showcase how you can start using YouTube to inspire classrooms and teach with video using examples and hands-on activities like the following:
- Effectively search and find useful videos
- Create, embed and share playlists
- Learn to edit your own original videos (using YouTube's built in editor!)
- Create classroom content using Creative Commons videos
- Produce animations with YouTube's partners like Xtranormal and GoAnimate.
- Share videos across multiple venues
- Explore privacy settings when uploading content
- Tips and tricks on creating a channel for hosting your own content
With 72 hrs of content uploaded every minute and almost 3 billion views a day, the site has become an invaluable addition to the classroom that cannot be ignored.
Important Note: A minimum of 5 participants must be met or a workshop may be canceled due to low registration.
When & Where
The EdTechTeam is a global network of educational technologists. The core team of world-class leaders below works closely with a cohort of over a hundred contractors world-wide. We are a nimble organization, able to be flexible and responsive to your needs.