San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Please join us in Oakland for the presentation of the research and model portfolios designed for the Bay Area Impact Investing Initiative (BAIII).
We invite graduate and undergraduate business and finance students from all over the Bay Area to join us for an innovative portfolio design session. We also invite investment representatives from family offices, community foundations, government agencies, public funds, financial institutions and other organizations to join in our research efforts on sustainable and responsible investing to promote community development in the San Francisco Bay Area.
By designing portfolios that could channel a small percentage of the Bay Area’s enormous wealth pools, which are primarily invested globally, into local investments, we could have a significant impact on sustainable development of our communities. We will discuss:
- How can a prudent portfolio be invested so as to align with an organization’s mission?
- Can publicly traded securities have impact?
- What other impact investments are available in the Bay Area?
- Can fiduciaries meet their investment goals and duties while seeking impact?
- How do we measure the impact of local/regional investment?
10:00 – 10:10 am: Introduction of BAIII by Lauryn Agnew
10:10 – 10:30 am: Research presentation – “Investing to Impact Poverty”
10:30 – 10:45 am: BAIII Model Portfolios and Research Survey
10:45 – 11:00 am: Q&A
11:00 – 11:30 am: Networking
* Please note: The Bay Bridge will be closed for Labor Day Weekend, so we recommend BART to 12th Street Oakland station.
When & Where
Bay Area Impact Investing Initiative
Bay Area Impact Investing Initiative is developing a blueprint for scaling impact investing with a Bay Area focus. Through its education, outreach and market research activities, BAIII seeks to increase the quantity and effectiveness of impact investing in the Bay Area. Please find us at www.baiii.org.