Completion of a Pre-Internship Orientation session is required for all AIC students who intend to register for a 2017 (Spring or Summer) internship. All Pre-Internship Orientation sessions will be presented during C-Hour, to avoid conflics with scheduled classes.
Registration is encouraged but not mandatory -- walk-ins are welcome!
Faculty and staff who administer internships are encouraged to attend and feedback is welcome.
This Orientation will cover the following:
How to Find and Secure an Internship
- Online Resources
- Networking and Informational Interviews
- Creating a Value Proposition
Making the Most of Your Internship
- The True Purpose of an Internship
- The +1 Rule for Internships (Step it Up!)
- Professional Behavior and Dress
- Planning a Successful Start
- Clarifying Professional Expectations and Schedule
- Setting Goals
- Initiative and Attitude
- Checking In and Asking for Feedback
- Work-Samples for Your Career Portfolio