Pre-IIW14 VRM meeting/ workshop
Monday, April 30, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PDT)
San Jose, CA
Our twice-yearly meeting/workshop on the day before IIW # 14 (which takes place on May 1-3 at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA).
The location is Ericsson's Silicon Valley HQ in San Jose:
200 Holger Way (Zanker & 237), San Jose, CA 95134
All with an interest in VRM are invited.
Those new to VRM can get prepped by the first chapter of Doc Searls' book, The Intention Economy: When Customers Take Charge, from Harvard Business Review Press. It can be downloaded from HBR here: http://bit.ly/I6Q0ck
- Personal data stores/lockers/vaults
- Terms of engagement controlled by individuals
- Government initiatives (e.g. Midata in UK, Smart Disclosure in US)
- Identity issues
- Privacy issues (e.g. do not track)
- Fourth parties and other VRM businesses and models
- Trust frameworks
- Programming: code, standards, protocols
- Synergies with .orgs
- Evangelism (e.g. leveraging Doc's book)
- UI elements, e.g. r-buttons: ⊂ ⊃
When & Where
ProjectVRM, Berkman Center, Harvard University
ProjectVRM is a project of the Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard University. It was launched in 2006 by Doc Searls, now an alumnus fellow of the center. Details at http://projectvrm.org.