Pray4Reform Day of Prayer and Action
Wednesday, July 24, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The time for immigration reform is now. In Washington, Congress is making real progress. In churches and communities across America, evangelicals are responding to the Word of God by praying and mobilizing on behalf of immigrants in their midst.
Our prayers are being answered. As Congress began debating legislation, we launched the “Pray for Reform” campaign to pray for lawmakers and immigration reform that upholds our values. At each step in the process thus far, we’ve seen remarkable bipartisan cooperation and determination to see a just and compassionate law enacted. We have recruited over 300 prayer partners, who are planning prayer meetings across America and writing to their members of Congress. We are optimistic about crossing the finish line, but to get there we need both your prayer and presence.
We invite you to Pray4Reform: Evangelical Day of Prayer and Action on July 24th in Washington, D.C. As we continue to pray for reform, we also need to ensure that Congress hears our prayers. That’s why we’re holding a worship service at 10 a.m. and then heading up to the Capitol to meet with lawmakers. We hope you’ll join us.
Speakers will include:
- Dr. Russell D. Moore, President, Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention
- Dr. David Crosby, Senior Pastor, First Baptist Church New Orleans
- Dr. Carlos Campo, President, Regent University
- Rev. David Beckmann, President, Bread for the World
- Rev. Wilfredo de Jesus, Senior Pastor, New Life Covenant Church
- Rev. Mark DeYmaz, Mosaix Global Network
- Rev. Jim Wallis, President and CEO, Sojourners
- Lisa Sharon Harper, Director of Mobilizing, Sojourners
- Suzii Paynter, Executive Coordinator, Cooperative Baptist Fellowship
- Rev. Gary Kinnaman, Grace Unlimited
- Rev. Samuel Rodriguez, President, National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference
- Rev. Gabriel Salguero, President, National Latino Evangelical Coalition
- Jenny Yang, Vice President of Policy and Advocacy, World Relief
- Rev. Dr. Brenda Salter McNeil, Teaching Pastor, Quest Chuch
- 9:30AM- 11AM: Worship at Church of the Reformation: 212 East Capitol Street, Washington, DC 20003
- 11AM - 6PM: Meetings with legislators
- 6PM - 8PM: Informal Dinner and Reflection, Bread for the World: 425 3rd Street SW Suite 1200 - Washington, DC 20024
- Note: The Church of the Reformation is located 2 blocks from the U.S. Capitol
Our prayer is simple. Bill Hybels delivered it when we last gathered in Washington D.C. in April, "God, my request is that your Church, the hope of the world, would rise up, and not only welcome strangers at our gates, but advocate passionately for their well-being. And God, my simple request is that lawmakers would do the job that they have been sent to this great city to do – to solve pressing problems, to weed out unfair practices, and, God, may this ongoing nightmare end very, very soon.”
Evangelical Immigration Table
The Evangelical Immigration Table is a coalition of evangelical organizations advocating for immigration policies consistent with biblicla values. Members include the National Association of Evangelicals, Council for Christian Colleges and Universities, Southern Baptist Convention Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, World Relief and World Vision.