We are thrilled to announce that our first Educator Boot Camp was such a success that Practice Makes Perfect (PMP) will be hosting another here in our New York City office. Opening just in time for the winter semester, our three-day intensive workshop is open to all undergraduate and graduate students interested in pursuing a career in education, regardless of their major or field of study.
Participants will be introduced to a variety of skills that will support them on their path to becoming an educator in NYC and beyond. During this hands-on workshop, participants will practice developing and strengthening their skills in lesson planning, differentiation, and behavior management. A PMP Boot Camp graduate will leave feeling more comfortable entering the education realm, whether it be as an Eduction major, a student teacher or even through a teaching fellowship.
The Boot Camp
This three-day workshop will be held January 18-20th, from 10am-1pm. Demo video lessons will be filmed January 20th from 1pm-4pm at the Teach For America headquarters in downtown Manhattan (25 Broadway).
Bootcamps are run by PMP Program Managers and PMP's Chief Learning Officer. All PMP training staff have taught in New York City's most struggling schools at both the middle school and high school level and have a wealth of experience in grades K-12. Learn more about PMP's CLO here.
During Boot Camp, participants will:
- Learn valuable behavior management techniques
- Give specific directions to make expectations clear and misbehaviors apparent
- Create scaffolded lesson plans
- Create lesson plans and differentiate them for a variety of learners including special needs, English Language Learners, and students with multiple intelligences
- Develop a formal and casual register or "teacher voice"
- Create a 10-minute demo video that highlights a self-created lesson plan to provide to potential employers
Juniors, Seniors, and Graduate Students
If you participate in the Educator Boot Camp, you will be given preferential access to PMP's future summer Teaching Fellow opportunity. Find out more about the Fellowship here: http://practicemakesperfect.org/summer/fellows/