COMMITMENT TO PARTNERS
We value our relationship with you as a philanthropic partner, and will make every effort to serve as good stewards of your generous gift. We are committed to delivering a positive partnership experience to each National Black Public Relations Society, Inc. partner.
2015 SUMMIT OVERVIEW
In the past five years, digital and social media has greatly disrupted the way in which public relations professionals have functioned. PR professionals must continue to creatively build meaningful relationships with the media, while deploying storytelling tools to get exposure for their clients. Today’s 24/7-news cycle is unrelenting and it has forced PR professionals to know how to respond rapidly while maintaining quality and measuring success in more diverse ways. One of the constants, however, is that the number of diverse professionals in the industry and in senior-level positions has barely changed.
2015 SUMMIT OBJECTIVES
- To conduct an industry audit to assess the current state of affairs that will become the focal point for discussion and solutions
- To create a forum for key industry executives, professional, academics and experts to explore critical issues identified in the “state of the industry” report
- To identify specific solutions and a measurable plan for action to address these critical issues
- To publish this plan for action to facilitate collaboration between NBPRS and the industry
- To recognize industry and academic leaders for their excellence and accomplishments
- To provide an internship, funded by the industry or foundation, for up to a dozen college student leaders who will support the production of the National Summit, promote its outcomes and gain tremendous exposure to industry professionals
SUMMIT PROGRAMMING DETAILS
NBPRS 2015 State of the Industry National Summit
October 30, 2015
Dupont Circle Hotel
By-invitation-only. Invited guests include mid- and senior-level PR professionals, industry thought leaders, and student leaders from across the United States representing our chapters in Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, South Florida, and Washington, D.C.
The National Summit is designed to enhance the professional development of the experienced professional and the student leader. The Summit findings and actionable ideas will help drive industry goals, support the careers of communicators, inform the association’s short-term strategic initiatives and help shape the long-term plan. The Summit offers thought-provoking general sessions, significant networking events, and career and business opportunities.
365 PARTNER OPPORTUNITIES & BENEFITS
We see your support as a year-long opportunity to expose your company to our members. The National Summit can advance your company’s community service objectives. Contact us about custom partner opportunities.
When & Where
National Black Public Relations Society, Inc.
Since its founding in 1998, the National Black Public Relations Society (NBPRS) has served as an advocate for black professionals in the public relations, media relations, corporate communications, investor relations, government affairs, community relations and related fields. Run by professionals for professionals, NBPRS addresses the diverse needs of its members through programs and partnerships that provide cultural and competitive advantages. NBPRS has chapters in the major media markets and offers peer-to-peer support, mentorship, networking, job opportunities, internships, and career advancement strategies for professionals engaged in corporate, government, agency, non-profit, and private practice. The organization is more than 300 members strong.