Due to Hurricane Sandy, this event is postponed. We are working to secure a new date and will update this page as soon as possible.
Please contact Lise Cliche (860.244.1977; email@example.com) with any questions.
As a supervisor, it’s your job to keep your employees happy, productive, and motivated; retain your top talent; and keep your company or department running smoothly. But sometimes that job may seem
Take positive steps toward achieving your management goals. You’ll learn practical skills to help you become a more effective manager and get the most out of your employees.
Keynote Presentation: Why Poker Players Wear Sunglasses and Other Nuggets of Wisdom
Carmen Brickner, founder and principal, CLEARbrick, Inc., will kick off our day with nuggets of wisdom to get us thinking about our roles as supervisors and support people. You’re bound to learn something new or get a fresh perspective on something you thought you knew.
About the keynote:
Carmen Brickner has been leading teams and coaching leaders of organizations for 40 years. She founded CLEARbrick, Inc., to bring solutions to small and midsize organizations that are motivated to develop new skills and sustain improvements.
- ABC’s of Effective Feedback - Carmen Brickner, Founder and Principal, CLEARbrick, Inc.
Giving feedback is meant to be constructive, but it can also trigger unexpected land mines and meltdowns. This session will provide you a straightforward way to create clear and complete feedback for reinforcing positive behaviors and correcting less than desirable behaviors. Join us for movie clips, real-life wisdom, and a bit of humor—and bring your toughest questions for this participative session.
- Why Mars and Venus Should Unite: Intergender Communication - Susan Lesser, nPlusOne Consulting
Improve morale and productivity by examining essential skills (decision making, collaboration, communication, conflict management) from the male and female perspective.
- Creating Space with Email - Garrett Miller, CEO, CoTria: A Productivity Training Company
Is email controlling you or are you controlling it? Get tools to communicate clearly and concisely, and improve productivity. Learn how to:
- Reduce time spent on email
- Boost email clarity, quality, and effectiveness
- De-clutter your jammed inbox
- Speed workflow and reduce interruptions
- Addressing Issues Before They End Up with HR - Mark Soycher, Counsel, CBIA
Be a strong first line of defense when it comes to handling employee relations. Learn the skills for addressing the most common administrative and personnel issues.
- Customer Service Is Everyone’s Job - Frank Sarr, President, Training Implementation Services, Inc.
Tune to WFSB Channel 3 or WTIC 1080 for cancellations due to inclement weather.