- Registration for the written test begins at 8:30AM. Click here for directions.
- POST limits examinees taking the test to once every 30 days. If you retest prior to 30 days, your test will be invaladated and Post will not score your test.
- Test fees are not refundable or exchangable. Test dates are firm.
- Walk-ins are not permitted at this site.
- Test result are good for one year from the date taken.
You should arrive no later than your scheduled registration time to allow for check-in. Any late arrivals will not be admitted into the exam. You must bring a government issued photo I.D. to be admitted into exam. Please follow written directions to Walter Moore Safety Training center near the baseball field.
The Academy's written test consists of the POST Entry-level Law Enforcement Test Battery (PELLETB). The PELLETB is a multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank written examination designed to measure reading and writing ability. Click for more information.
Walk-ins are Not permitted for this test site. Dates, times and locations of the exam are subject to change without notice.
- The Academy at Evergreen Valley College in San Jose, View schedule
- The Academy at College of San Mateo campus in San Mateo, View schedule
Dates times and locations of the exam are subject to change without notice.
When & Where
Z (OLD) POST TEST AT CSM
The Academy administers the POST Entry-level Law Enforcement Test Battery (PELLETB). The PELLETB is a timed, 2-1/2 hour written test consisting of multiple-choice and fill-in-the-blank questions designed to measure reading and writing ability.
POST regulations prohibit examinees from taking this test more than one time in any 30-day period from any testing site in the State of California. Be advised that if you make multiple attempts to take this test within a 30-day period, POST will invalidate your test.
- Check your confirmation and plan to arrive NO LATER than event start time to allow for check-in.
- To comply with State law enforcement testing security measures, we are required to view and retain your government-issued photo ID for the duration of the exam; bring a valid Passport, Driver's License, etc.
- Late arrivals will not be admitted.
- We do not accept walk-ins for this test.
We email test results to you via a secure pdf as soon as we receive scores from POST (normally within 7-10 days from test date).
Dates, times and locations of the test are subject to change without notice.