Actions and Detail Panel
Portrait Photography Workshop in Edinburgh
Sat, June 17, 2017, 3:30 PM – 5:30 PM BST
This workshop is designed for photography enthusiasts wanting to develop their knowledge and practice of outdoor Portrait Photography. Our expert photographer Natalia Torres will lead the group through the streets of Edinburgh and teach hand by hand with a professional model how to capture personality, use effective lighting, backdrops, and poses.
Natalia, graduated in Photography, has more than 8 years of experience internationally working in fashion editorial photography, exhibitions, weddings and individual projects.
We will start the workshops with a brief Intoduction where you will learn how to use the refresher on the camera, shutter speed and f-stop numbers as well as how to choose different lenses to enhance your portrait shooting.
Once you are all set up, it is time to take your camera and start shooting!
What to expect?
Portrait photography is about capturing someone’s personality but what do you look for when working with your model? This practice workshop will focus on the following points:
1. Work with a real model
2. How to connect with your model and share in the process - How to engage and feel comfortable. Framing a portrait, what to do and common mistakes.
3. Lighting and Environment - How the light can affect the mood of the portrait. Colour vs. B&W
4. Camera and Lens dynamics – Focal lenght for portraits. Different angles and reflections
5. Composition and exposure – it’s all about the eyes! How to put emphasis on the person’s face, facial expression and even distinct facial features.
6. Camera Settings and White balance - Match The Light, Enhance The Mood.
Meeting point and itinerary will be emailed after recieving confirmation
What's the refund policy?
This is a non-refundable ticket
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Yes. Tickets will be collected on arrival.
Preferable DSLR camera and lenses (50 mm, 35 mm, 85 mm) or your normal lense.