Actions and Detail Panel
Portland MSA Economic and Population Outlook
Wed, May 17, 2017, 7:00 AM – 11:00 AM PDT
The Northwest Economic Research Center (NERC) is proud to present the innagural "Portland MSA Economic and Population Outlook"!
After hearing from NERC director, and former state economist, Dr. Tom Potiowsky about what the future holds, experts in housing, employment, and population will present and discuss the important trends in the Portland MSA. In addition, there will be a feature presentation by Zillow Senior Economist Skylar Olsen, and a panel focused solely on housing.
Speakers, moderators, and discussants include:
- Skylar Olsen, Senior Economist at Zillow
- Matthew Gardner, Chief Economist at Windemere Real Estate
- Josh Lehner, Economist at State of Oregon
- Charles Rynerson, Census State Data Coordinator at the Population Research Center
- Amy Vander Vliet, Regional Economist for the Oregon Employment Department
- Jerry Johnson, Principal at Johnson Economics
- Sheila Martin, Director of Population Research Center
- Cynthia Parker, President and CEO of Bridge Housing
Doors open at 7am for breakfast, and the event will formally kick off at 7:45am
The Portland MSA consists of the seven counties shown below:
Special Thanks To Our Sponsors:
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
There are many public transit options available:
- MAX (Green Line, Yellow Line, and Orange Line all have stops on the PSU campus)
- Portland Streetcar (A Loop, B Loop, and NS Line)
- Bus (Routes 1, 8, 9, 12, 17, 19, 35, 36, 43, 44, 54, 55, 56, 58, 66, 68, 94, 92, 94, 96, and 99.)
See the Trimet Trip Planner to plan your route.
(Note: The paid parking on the ground floor of Parking Structure 1 often fills quickly; the next closest options are the by the Urban Center Building at SW Harrison between 6th and 5th, and near Shattuck Hall at SW Broadway and College).
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, just your name and a valid ID.
What's the refund policy?
Please contact NERC@pdx.edu if you need to refund your ticket.
Can I update my registration information?
Please contact NERC@pdx.edu if you need to update your registration information.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
Please contact NERC@pdx.edu in advance if possible.