About the Emblem
- Pope Pius XII is Catholic Scouting's church-related ministries and vocation program.
- The program deals with different life choices (single, married, religious, ordained), occupations and ministries in the church as calls from God.
- It includes youth led discussions on current issues facing the church and society, which are normally included as part of a Pius XII retreat or day of recollection.
- Registered Venture Crew Members and Boy Scout of Catholic Faith.
- Designed for age 15-16 year old, but all registered Venturers (male or female before their 21st birthday) and all registered Boy Scouts (in high school, before their 18th birthday) are eligible.
- Each Venture Crew Member and Scout must have their own Activity Book (Pope Pius XII Religious Emblem Participant Manual, Publication Date: 2002). The program should be run by the candidates themselves, the adult serves as a Moderator
- Ideal group size is 4-12, but the course may be run with smaller groups.
- A number of interviews and an investigation of a controversial issue facing the church or society are integral to the program.
- A retreat experience, ideally centered on the Pius XII program itself and a ministries service project are required.
- The program is designed to be completed in 9-12 sessions. As the youth are older, two hour sessions seem to work well, and flexibility is often required in scheduling sessions and interview feed back’s.
- Successfully complete a Pope Pius XII Board of Review.
All Classes will be held on Sundays from 8:30 to 10:30 am. The following are the dates of the classes.
Chapter 2 - February 5
Chapter 3 - February 19
Chapter 4 - March 5
Chapter 5 - March 26
Chapter 6 - April 9
Chapter 7 - April 23
The Board of Review of review will be held on Sunday, April 30th. The time will depend on the number of participants.