Professor Elisa New will lead a panel discussion on the power of poetry and the rich tradition of poetry in New England. Read about Professor New's new HarvardX course here.
For more information, call 617-496-5022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When & Where
Harvard Ed Portal
The Harvard Ed Portal is a collaborative partnership between Harvard University, the City of Boston, the Harvard Allston Task Force, and the Allston-Brighton community.
The Ed Portal opened its doors in 2008 providing mentoring to 26 neighborhood children. Today, it serves Allston-Brighton residents of all ages. Programming at the Ed Portal has grown and expanded to include:
- Academic and educational programs
- Partnerships with Allston-Brighton schools
- An innovation studio to support in-person and online learning
- Skill building and professional development programs
- Wellness programs
- Partnerships with the City of Boston, community organizations, and local businesses
- Arts and culture programs, featuring a new performance venue and art gallery.
The Ed Portal’s program offerings build on Harvard’s commitment to education beyond the classroom. Robert A. Lue, Harvard University Professor of the Practice of Molecular and Cellular Biology; Faculty Director of HarvardX; and Director of Life Sciences Education, is the Faculty Director of the Education Portal, leading the development of the Ed Portal’s academic curriculum and programs with Harvard College and other schools and programs across the University.
The Ed Portal is located at 224 Western Avenue in Allston at the crossroads of Harvard’s campus in Allston and the North Allston-Brighton neighborhood. Contact us or visit the Ed Portal to find out first-hand about opportunities and programs.