San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Agile is sweeping the application development world. More and more companies are looking for people who have the skills and experience to lead Agile projects. Recognizing this demand, PMI has created the Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) certification that allows individuals to demonstrate their knowledge and experience with Agile.
In this three-day instructor-led class participants will learn about Agile, with an intense focus on the topics required to pass the PMI-ACP exam. You will also receive the 21 required contact hours from a REP certified provider. You will learn about the specifics of Agile, Scrum, XP, Lean, and other ways of approaching project management as they are represented by the exam. The class is divided into two parts: a 1 day agile fundamental class followed by a 2 day session focusing specifically on the exam.
If you are very comfortable with the fundamentals of Agile, you can register for the 2 day option. You will still need an additional 5 contact hours, which can be achieved through attending other events.
Applicants who take the class will still be required to meet all of the requirements to sit for the ACP exam.
For details go to http://www.pmi.org/en/Certification/New-PMI-Agile-Certification.aspx
The ACP certification is designed for practitioners who are seeking to:
- Demonstrate to employers their level of professionalism in agile practices of project management
- Increase their professional versatility in both Waterfall and agile techniques
- Hold a certification that is more credible than existing entry-level, training or exam-only based offerings
Participants will learn:
- Agile Communications techniques such as information radiators
- Tools for Planning and Monitoring an Agile project
- Techniques for estimating an Agile project
- How to gather requirements in an Agile environment
- Build quality into an application developed with Agile
- Agile approaches to leadership and management
- How Agile leverages collaboration to deliver better value
- How to prioritize requirements on an Agile project
- How to deliver value more quickly through Agile
- Risk management techniques in an Agile environment
- How to track progress on an Agile project
- How to forecast when an Agile project will be done
- Value stream analysis
Save This Event
Improving Enterprises - Columbus
One Easton Oval
Improving - Ohio
Improving believes that the best way to learn is through the application of knowledge in real-world environments. We specialize in creating situated, hands-on learning solutions for our customers in the areas of agile processes, object-oriented design, and test-driven development.