Play with Tunisian Crochet!
Saturday, February 25
Instructor: Katherine Durack
$45 WGGC members / $70 non-members
Materials fee: $20
- Prerequisite: Very basic crochet skills including chain stitch, slip stitch, single crochet, double crochet. Free tutorials for these stitches and more are available online at http://www.patterns4successcrochet.com/videos2
Tunisian crochet is a fun and flexible technique for making an intriguing array of fabrics, from the most delicate laces to thick and cozy fabrics ideal for warm winter clothing and accessories. In this class you'll learn several basic stitches and how the resulting fabric completely changes depending on how you combine yarns and whether you are working with a single-ended or double-ended hook.
The materials fee covers costs for these items, provided by the instructor:
- Denise interchangeable Tunisian crochet hook – 2 hooks cable, and end button
- yarn for making class samples.
Students may wish to bring:
- locking or open ring stitch markers
- leftover yarn in a variety of textures and weights.
Your fee will be refunded if the class is canceled or changed to a different date. Three registrations are required for a class to be held. Students will be notified before the start date if a class is canceled due to an insufficient number of students.
Problems registering? Contact the Education Chair at email@example.com or leave a message on the Education voice mail, 513.593.9442. Questions about the class? Contact the instructor, Katherine Durack, at firstname.lastname@example.org.