Actions and Detail Panel
Planning and Implementing a Successful Annual Fund by Carole Rylander
Tue, May 2, 2017, 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM CDT
Planning and Implementing a Successful Annual Fund
by Carole Rylander, CFRE - Rylander and Associates, Dallas
Tuesday, May 2, 2017
Hollytree Country Club, Tyler
11:30 am-1 pm
AFP members $10; Non-members $30
Please RSVP by April 28, 2017.
Carole inspires and engages nonprofit leadership to maximize mission impact by strengthening fund development, planning and governance practices. With more than 30 years of service in the non-profit sector, Carole is a frequent speaker whose highly rated seminars and workshops benefit board and staff leadership as well as corporate executives seeking to be engaged in the not-for-profit sector. Presentation topics include: Strategies for Successful Trustee Leadership, Before Joining a Board…, Fundraising…It’s Not About the Money, Leading Your Leadership to Major Gift Success, Four Keys to Fundraising Success, Managing the Development Office, and The Case Statement Workshop, among others.
Prior to establishing her consulting business in 1998, Carole was with the Greater Dallas Community of Churches where she served as senior development officer for 14 years. Before entering the non-profit sector, she worked for eight years in the commercial and documentary film production industry in Dallas. Carole has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Oral Communications, Radio-TV-Film from Baylor University and undertook concentrated studies in Marketing and Theater.
When she is not serving clients, holding workshops or making presentations, Carole hangs out with her husband and any of their three young adult children who visit. At home, Carole enjoys watching classic movies, reading and observing the birds that frequent her feeders. Around town, she enjoys musical concerts and live theater whenever possible.
Distinctions & Awards
- 2006 Outstanding Fundraising Executive, Association of Fundraising Professionals, (AFP) Dallas Chapter
- BoardSource Certified Governance Trainer
- Past President, AFP Dallas Chapter
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) accreditation since 1990
- Past Chair, Association of Philanthropic Counsel, Inc.
- Volunteer Faculty, Center for Nonprofit Management in Dallas
- Faculty, Nonprofit Management Certificate Program, Center for Nonprofit Management, Dallas, Brookhaven College
- Qualified Trainer, Institute of Cultural Affairs