Pizza & Post - "Distribution in the Digital Age"
Tuesday, October 25, 2011 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PDT)
Burbank, United States
Video Symphony Presents:
Pizza & Post – “Distribution in the Digital Age- Get Your Film Distributed Now"
Tuesday October 25th 7-9pm
at Video Symphony
266 E. Magnolia Blvd. Burbank
Jerome Courshon (God, Sex & Apple Pie; Life With Fiona) knows the ‘game’ of distribution as a Producer in the trenches. From his film festival journeys to self-releasing his first movie into theaters to securing distribution with Warner Bros., Courshon has faced innumerable obstacles. And it’s this real world “what works, what doesn’t” approach that he is able to share with fellow filmmakers to help them achieve success. For over the past 5 years, Courshon has assisted hundreds of Producers & Directors with securing real distribution through his classes, speaking engagements and consultations. Courshon will be speaking on:
Overview of Getting Your Content Out & Monetizing It:
1) What do you want to create, and who is your audience?
- The importance of defining who your audience is
2) Creating your content, and beginning to “feed” your audience
3) Locating your audience (online & off)
- Where do you find them online? How do you reach them?
- Where do you find them offline? How do you reach them?
4) Building your audience
- Taking consistent actions
4a) Is building a “pedigree” necessary to help build your audience?
- What is “pedigree”?
- Methodologies for building pedigree
5) Leveraging the value of your audience, and/or getting them to buy or donate
To learn more about Jerome's strategy visit http://www.Distribution.LA/
Pizza & Post is a great opportunity to gain new insights, ask a few questions, network with your post production peers, and eat a lot of pizza! There's free parking in the adjacent parking garage (entrance at 231 E. Palm St., one block east of Magnolia).
When & Where
Video Symphony is the industry's leader in Post Production education. We provide professional quality training in Film & Video Editing, Motion Graphics, and Audio Engineering.