DATE: Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016
TIME: 12:00-1:00pm PST
AUDIENCE: Open to everyone of all ages across BC!
TOPIC: Supporting a Friend or Loved One with an Eating Disorder
DESCRIPTION: "How can I help the person I care about?" is a phrase we often hear at the Kelty Centre. When a friend or loved one is struggling with an eating disorder it can be hard to know what you could do to help them. In this Pinwheel, our panel will discuss strategies and best practices for supporting a friend or loved one with an eating disorder.
- ~Tom Bauslaugh, BC Children’s Hospital
- ~Person with lived experience
- ~Parent with lived experience
WAYS TO JOIN:
- In person: BC Children's Hospital, Mental Health Building, 4555 Heather Street (Heather St. and 29th Ave.) Vancouver, Entrance #85, Third floor room P3-306.
- Telephone: Dial 1-877-291-3022 and enter the access code 4611577#
- Telehealth: If you would like to join the session through Telehealth, please contact your local Telehealth Coordinator and book a videoconference room and forward this invite with your site information including the name of location & room number and ISDN/IP Address/Alias to email@example.com at least 5 days before the event.
And dont forget to check out these supplementary resources for this talk:
Meal Support Video : www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPSLdUUlTWE&list=PL21D7E85D804263B2&index=7
Bulimia Meal Support Video : www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3NNlp28k3A&index=12&list=PL21D7E85D804263B2
Meal Support at a Glance : http://bit.ly/1SPj0dk
From Survive to Thrive Guide: http://bit.ly/1ehXnBO
Parents From Survive to Thrive Guide: http://bit.ly/1T26eh8
Supporting your Child through Recovery: www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHXePHIDlns&index=26&list=PL21D7E85D804263B2
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
STAY CONNECTED WITH US!
- Address: BC Children’s Hospital, Mental Health Building #85
- Room P3-302 (3rd Floor), 4500 Oak St., Vancouver, B.C. V6H 3N1
- Phone: 604-875-2084 or Toll-Free: 1-800-665-1822
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/keltymentalhealth
- Twitter: @keltycentre
- Youtube: youtube.com/user/KeltyMentalHealth
- Website: keltymentalhealth.ca
- Eating Disorders Website: keltyeatingdisorders.ca
ABOUT THE KELTY MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCE CENTRE:
The Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre is a provincial resource centre that provides mental health and substance use information, resources, and support to children, youth and their families who reside in BC. All services provided are free, and include educational events for families, educators and health professionals. For more about the Kelty Centre, visit our website or view our short video here: https://youtu.be/7xiSha_vcew
ABOUT THE PINWHEEL EDUCATION SERIES:
The Pinwheel Education Series are a group of free, all inclusive education events open to anyone in BC. The aim is to provide learning opportunities for the public on key mental health and substance use topics, and host a forum where people can engage in dialogue with experts and persons with lived experience.
Feedback is important to us! Please remember to fill out our feedback form after the event: http://fluidsurveys.com/s/Pinwheel