DATE: Tuesday, July 19th, 2016
TIME: 12:00-1:00pm PST
AUDIENCE: Open to everyone of all ages across BC!
TOPIC: ADHD & Navigating School Life
DESCRIPTION: ADHD is one of the most common mental disorders in children and youth. It affects the way people act and interact with the world around them. ADHD is usually only diagnosed after young children start school, when challenges such as paying attention, and restlessness become more apparent. In this Pinwheel we will learn about strategies for navigating the school experience while living with ADHD.
SPEAKERS: Helen Kennett-Bacon, RN, BC Children’s Hospital ADHD Clinic
Amori Yee Mikami, PhD, Peer Relationships Lab, UBC
WAYS TO JOIN:
- In person: BC Children's Hospital, Mental Health Building, 4555 Heather Street (Heather St. and 29th Ave.) Vancouver, Entrance #85, Third floor room P3-306.
- Telephone: Dial 1-877-291-3022 and enter the access code 4611577#
- Telehealth: If you would like to join the session through Telehealth, please contact your local Telehealth Coordinator and book a videoconference room and forward this invite with your site information including the name of location & room number and ISDN/IP Address/Alias to email@example.com at least 5 days before the event.
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
STAY CONNECTED WITH US!
- Address: BC Children’s Hospital, Mental Health Building #85
- Room P3-302 (3rd Floor), 4500 Oak St., Vancouver, B.C. V6H 3N1
- Phone: 604-875-2084 or Toll-Free: 1-800-665-1822
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/keltymentalhealth
- Twitter: @keltycentre
- Youtube: youtube.com/user/KeltyMentalHealth
- Website: keltymentalhealth.ca
- Eating Disorders Website: keltyeatingdisorders.ca
ABOUT THE KELTY MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCE CENTRE:
The Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre is a provincial resource centre that provides mental health and substance use information, resources, and support to children, youth and their families who reside in BC. All services provided are free, and include educational events for families, educators and health professionals. For more about the Kelty Centre, visit our website or view our short video here: https://youtu.be/7xiSha_vcew
ABOUT THE PINWHEEL EDUCATION SERIES:
The Pinwheel Education Series are a group of free educational events open to anyone in BC. The aim is to provide learning opportunities on key mental health and substance use topics, and host a forum where people can engage in dialogue with experts and persons with lived experience.
Feedback is important to us! Please remember to fill out our feedback form after the event: http://fluidsurveys.com/s/Pinwheel