PINCamp is an annual training and networking event for PIN partners, held at Minnesota Public Radio/American Public Media in St. Paul MN.
- Tuesday 5/15 sessions will run from 2pm to 5pm. APM's Mike Reszler will host Bug Juice Hour (happy hour) for all attendees at 5pm.
- Wednesday 5/16 sessions will run from 8:30 am to 4pm. Evening is free for pop-up events.
- Thursday 5/17 sessions will run from 8:30 am to 2pm.
Sessions will include:
- 3 workshops led by PIN Collaborations Editor Jacqui Banaszynski: interviewing; accuracy and verification; and finding fresh story ideas
- Schedulable, one-on-one training sessions in PIN tools
- Political reporting from the perspective of voters (and non-voters)
- Recruiting, recruiting, and more recruiting
- How-I-did-its from your colleagues
- Tips on using public tools like Tumblr, Storify and other platforms to turn insights into content -- including data visualizations and photo projects
- A first look at PIN metrics
- S'mores breaks
- And more...
To help defray the cost of PINCamp, we’re asking each attendee to pay a small tuition. The more people you send to PINCamp, the lower the tuition per person.
- First attendee (PIN superuser/analyst): $150
- Second attendee (Reporter/editor/manager/web producer): $100
- Third attendee (Reporter/editor/manager/web producer): $50
More information, including session details, coming soon.
Please note: Even though the registration widget at the top of the page says registration is free, the tuition fees above apply. We'll send invoices out after you have registered.
Questions? Email Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo credit: Than Tibbetts
The closest hotel to MPR (and on the Skyway) is the Hilton Garden Inn at 411 Minnesota St. ($120-$150). Other hotels close to MPR are the Holiday Inn, the St. Paul Hotel, the Crowne Plaza Riverfront, and Hotel 340. MPR has negotiated corporate rates with the Hilton Garden Inn and the St. Paul Hotel, but the online rates may be lower. If you want to use the corporate rate mention Minnesota Public Radio when booking your reservation.
Please check in at the MPR front desk, get your visitor badge, and someone will either escort you or point you to the session space. We'll be in the UBS Forum on the top floor of the building.
If you’re driving, Parkopedia lists a number of options.
First Choice: #5 – Minnesota – 81 East 9th Street – street level parking a block away from building
Second Choice: #1 – CityWalk Ramp – 75 7th Street East – enter from 7th street
Special Note – due to construction, if you use the World Trade Center Parking Ramp (#7 on the Parkopedia map), you must enter from Wabasha (not Cedar) and it will be some fuss to get across Cedar St to our building.
We'll provide breakfasts and lunches, and host a happy hour at the end of the day on the 15th. Do you have dietary restrictions? Email Jo and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
Yes, we will be streaming PINCamp from the UBS Forum so those who can’t attend can get in on the action. Some sessions may be recorded in quality for archive on PIN Support.