PII and PHI Disclosure - So Many Forms, What Do They All Mean?
Thursday, March 28, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
This healthcare compliance training will provide an overview of the required documents for the use and disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Protected Health Information (PHI).
Why Should You Attend:
Many covered entities are struggling to fully understand the processes, forms and logic associated with different types of Protected Health Information (PHI) exchanges. Deciphering what information is allowed, not allowed, and what information should be protected under what circumstances can be daunting.
This course will sort through the myths and misconceptions of what PHI is, the intent of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH), processes and accountability requirements for use, disclosure, and maintenance of PHI, identify who and what a covered entity is and identify who is responsible for protecting what information.
The session will address minimum necessary disclosures, the scope of responsibilities associated with managing medical records to include penalties for impermissible disclosures, individual client rights, and provide best business practice. We will cover PHI requests for individual and 3rd parties, administrative hearing requests, and research. We will also cover requests related to treatment, payment, eligibility, general public, disclosures related to improving or modifying public programs, or from those looking to increase their target market.
Understanding individual rights and your responsibilities will facilitate the smooth exchange of PHI, ensure accountability and provide peace of mind. This course will help you get on track with creating compliant forms and implementing accountability, transparency and trust with the clients you serve.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Form requirements
- Client rights
- Common myths
- Impacts associated with record requests in the health care industry to include: HIPAA, HITECH, 42 CFR Part 2.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.