Actions and Detail Panel
Pièce de RESISTance: A contemporary renaissance ball to support SOMArts
Sat, Apr 22, 2017, 6:00 PM – Sun, Apr 23, 2017, 12:00 AM PDT
Welcome to the Pièce de RESISTance!
On Saturday, April 22, SOMArts Cultural Center teams up with curator Kelly Lovemonster to transform SOMArts Main Gallery into a one-night-only art party and contemporary renaissance ball to benefit the cultural oasis under the 101 freeway known as SOMArts. For over 35 years, SOMArts has fostered access to the arts in the Bay Area, uplifting the voices of artists who are too often marginalized in the mainstream art world.
- All-Access: $85, includes entry to the preview happy hour from 6:00–8:00 pm with complimentary hors d'oeuvres featuring the 2017–2018 recipients of the SOMArts Curatorial Residency and other leaders in the Bay Area contemporary art world. Plus, all-access ticket holders enjoy complimentary beverages all night long!
- General Admission: $20, guarantees general admission entry from 8:00 pm–12:00 am, featuring cutting-edge performances, artist-designed installations and the hottest dance party in an art gallery you've ever experienced.
- Early Bird Special (limited number available): $10. To encourage you to get your tickets early, SOMArts is offering a limited number of discounted general admission tickets. Get them while they last!
This event is 21+ only.
The Pièce de RESISTance will showcase SOMArts as a cultural oasis in an event curated by Kelly Lovemonster and conceived entirely by artists to benefit SOMArts' programs. Guests will enjoy an evening of experimental performance, an artist-designed photobooth, and dancing to a lineup of the Bay Area's finest DJs.
Preview Happy Hour, 6:00–8:00 pm
All-access ticket holders will enjoy complimentary food and beverage and a chance to meet the artist masterminds behind the 2017–2018 season of SOMArts Curatorial Residency exhibitions.
Party & Performances, 8:00 pm–12:00 am
The Pièce de RESISTance features San Francisco's best and brightest DJs and performers, with a commitment to the experimental, the underground, and the politically engaged.
- India Sky of Topsy Turvy Queer Circus
- John Fucking Cartwright, Maryam Farnaz Rostami and Mica Sigourney
- Dia Dear
Dance party fueled by:
- DJ Juanita More
- DJ Jackie House (Honey Soundsystem)
- DJ Lady Ryan
Suggested attire: Fierce. Bring your freaky, fabulous, ferile and ferocious looks. We will be serving ours.
Thanks to our event sponsors: