The Pre-Hospital Traumas Life Support (PHTLS) course is designed for healthcare providers who provide pre-hospital trauma care such as EMS or Fire or serve as an integral part of a hospital based trauma care team.
The focus of this program is to enhance and reinforce important concepts, including:
- Identifying the kinematics related to trauma and how they impact pre-hospital care
- Reinforce and enhance good trauma assessment skills
- Reinforce basic and advanced airway management skills
- How to appropriately assess patients with suspected multi systems trauma including scene treatment, packaging and transport
- Effective resuscitative team dynamics
- How to effectively extricate trauma victims from and automobile
- Reinforce and enhance skills relating to splinting, backboarding and packaging trauma victims
- Learn key concepts related to dealing with pediatric and geriatric victims
In addition, students will have an opportunity to work in learning stations while improving essential skills using guided step by step instructor lead hands-on practice. The training environment is stress free and designed to help facilitate learning through group participation.
TUITION = $150.00
Tuition & Fees
All tuition and fees are due upon registration. All registrations are first come, first enrolled! Students who do not have a credit card to complete the registration process online, must register for class and make payment in person at HVA’s EMS Education, 1200 State Circle, Ann Arbor, MI. The deadline to register for any program is TWO WEEKS prior to class, no exceptions, providing spaces are available!
NOTE: HVA’S EMS Education retains the right to deny any application, for any reason. If the school denies the application of a student before the first day of class, all tuition and fees paid will be refunded. There are NO REFUNDS for course supplies, including textbooks, uniforms, required equipment, or costs incurred for background checks and drug screens.
ALL TUITION FEES paid by the applicant shall be refunded if requested in writing within three (3) business days after registering for any HVA sponsored course.
Otherwise, if a student withdraws or is dismissed from the program for any reason AFTER the 3 business days following registration, they will be responsible for payment according to the following schedule:
- Students who withdraw two weeks prior to the start of class/module for any EMS course will receive a full refund of the course tuition, less a $25 administration fee. The student must notify HVA EMS Education department in writing.
- Students who fail to give at least two weeks notice (in writing), or who fail to withdraw prior to the start of the (2nd) second week of class, will forfeit 25% of the total course tuition.
- After the start of any EMS course, any student who fails to withdraw prior to the start of the (3rd) third week of class, will forfeit 100% of the total course tuition.
All refunds are returned within 30 days.