Photoshop Complete with Bob Killen (8 NIGHTS -- 11/26,27,28,29 & 12/3,4,5,6 ) (5:00-9:00 pm.)
Photoshop Complete with Bob Killen
Photoshop Adobe Authorized Training Course
Are you new to Photoshop; a beginner,
entry level, know zero, can’t open the
program? Or are you using Photoshop
but are not proficient with the world’s
most creative image program? Then
this Adobe Training Course, taught by
Bob Killen, an Adobe Certified Instructor
and Certified Expert in Photoshop is the
course for you. In three evenings of mentored
“hands on” live training, you will go from
none or incomplete knowledge
to professional proficiency and develop new skills for
your photography, graphic arts, or illustration projects.
Who Should Attend
Students who wish to pursue a career or want to take their personal work to a professional level
in photography, graphic design, publishing, or fine art image production, and need to become
proficient in the Photoshop CS5 application (this course is applicable to CS4 as well).
How I teach this class
Photoshop is a complex program, but I simplify the training process through hands on
instruction. First we teach the concept in simple, bite size modules, then by example, and finally
you execute the concept with me or a teaching instructor by your side to help you perform
the concept professionally and proficiently. Unlike online courses you can ask questions
and receive personalized, “Hands on Instruction” to help you internalize these important
This course is preparatory for students studying for the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA)
and Adobe Certified Expert exams (ACE).
Students who successfully complete this course will receive
Certificate of Recognition and Completion.
Hands on Instruction
Student workbook with illustrations
DVD with practice files (you may also download this from Bob’s web site)
Snacks and water
You will receive Discount Coupons on selected equipment and future classes
during the class schedule.
After Course Completion:
Upon successful completion of this course, you will:
• Have resources for learning and staying up to date on Photoshop
• Have a full understanding of Photoshop Bridge, Mini Bridge, and their ability to organize,
rate and collect images; customize a workspace, customize and manage meta data,
apply batch and special tools
• Have the ability to Initiate a project plan, wherein you will learn to think and
pre-imagine in the Adobe Photoshop CS5 environment.
• Have the ability to set and manage color and file preferences
• Have a full understanding on Use of Color Management Foundations and Practices
• Have the ability to proficiently use Photoshop Tools and Panels: Learn all of the tools,
panels, document windows, arrange multiple images and customize your workspace
• Have the ability to correct lens distortion and perspective
• Have a full understanding of digital images; explore bit depth, resize images, crop,
straighten, and creative cropping
• Have the ability to correct and enhance images with the power of Adobe Camera Raw
• Have complete knowledge of Photoshop layers; Layers are one of
Photoshop’s most powerful and creative tools and in this course you will learn everything
you need to know about layers
• Have a full understanding and ability to master selections and the precision of the pen tool.
Selections allow for precise control and endless creative approaches.
• Have complete mastery in the fundamentals of layer masks;
Masks provide more creative opportunities.
• Have the ability to proficiently use the Adjustment Panel:
you will explore all of the adjustment panels and learn how to apply them
to enhance your creative voice
• Have complete mastery of use in levels and curves; two of the most powerful
creative tools in Photoshop
• Have a full understanding of Blending Modes and the ability to
blend two images into one creative idea
• Have proficiency in Color Correction and Color Enhancement tools;
you will explore these tools and methods to develop color accuracy as well as your color voice
• Have an understanding of Burning and Dodging in the digital darkroom for creative control
• Have the ability to make Black and White Conversions
• Have the knowledge to master Image Clean Up
• Have complete mastery of Retouching Essentials
• Have full understanding in Sharpening images for print and the web
• Have the ability to prepare images for print
• Have full understanding and ability to prepare and load images for the web
And much, much, more
Own and understand the operation of a digital camera.
Bring a laptop (PC or MAC) with Photoshop CS5 or CS4 installed.
You will need a minimum 2 gigs of RAM for this class; four or more is preferred.
You must have a mouse (no touch pads in this class)
but a Wacom tablet will make your learning experience easier.
About Bob Killen
Bob Killen is an editorial/fine art photographer,
and Adobe Certified Instructor and Certified Photoshop Expert based in La Mirada, California.
Encouragement and creative thinking are the hallmarks of Bob’s teaching style
and many of his fine art students have moved their careers forward with their own gallery shows
and publishing credits. His studio specializes in editorial fine art projects,
marketing centered photojournalism support for corporate clients,
corporate image artwork, task specific industrial and architectural assignments,
and photo restoration services for historical images.
Desert Art collectors in twenty countries own Bob’s fine art images,
and Bob consults for corporate art departments, and tutors photographers
and graphic artists. Killen’s credits cover numerous trade and professional
magazines as well as Parade, Life, Look, Roto, and other rack publications.
In 2008, Bob became the First Artist in Residence for Mojave National Preserve,
a National Park Service Program. He also is an Affiliated Artist for the
National Park Service’s Mojave Arts Program and the Artist Guide for the Desert Light Gallery.
He is currently on work on his new book, The Fine Art of Creating Fine Art Photography,
and several new fine art projects for release in late summer.
Eight Night Course
Novemeber 26, 27, 28, 29, Dec. 3,4,5,6 Evening: 5 pm. -9 pm.
Orange County Photography Center
590 W Central Ave
California Center for Photography & Digital Arts
"The OCPC" as it's called by it's members and clients is a state of the art facility featuring plenty of room for photographic lectures and hands on classes. With several shooting areas, sets, props and all needed supplies, THE Center is the ultimate choice for your photographic education.