The photography business is changing. As in any business, is vital to be at the forefront of the new wave. Join us for two days to understand how exactly you can do that, and how you can tap into the £1.5+ bilion photography industry, that is growing and changing underneath us.
This is a two-day workshop looking at the business strategy of modern time photography and the mindset behind the storytelling in visual communication, and how this can help you to improve your work, get the clients you like and offer more to the ones you already have. It will focus on developing and cultivating a storytelling way of approaching any subject, and on how to successfully strategies your brand.
We will discuss the key concepts behind the changing markets, how photography business is re-inventing itself, and the ways you can be at the forefront of the industry.
This photography course will run over two days, for 3 hours each day, with around 30min for coffee to let you rest and digest all that you have learnt. Our workshops are designed to have the best engagement, this is why we never have more than 10 people in the room, allowing for a personal connection and for the free flow of ideas.
Day 1 – October 20th – 18.00 - 21.30
– Getting to know each other,
– Photography business elements in modern times - a £100+ million industry that needs photography, and it doesn’t know it.
– Communicating and engaging & finding the right clients
– What is your brand, and how to get the right message across
– Streamline your storytelling
– How to build a portfolio
– Assignment for next week
Day 2 – October 27th – 18.00 - 21.30
– Assignment review
– Business strategy and what marketing really is
– Social media and how to avoid the traps it sets
– How to increase your pool of clients from events you already attend
– Shooting and editing for different mediums, formats, and approaches for modern publishing
– Research and understanding assignments and projects
– Creating workflows and sequences while shooting
– Portfolio reviews
Your workshop leader, Bogdan Maran, for the past 18 years, has been exploring the visual of human nature through its reactions, actions, and interactions. Through the nature of his work so far he is a visual storyteller, decrypting the human emotion and motions, and creating work that has a purpose to excite, in a way or another, the viewer. For him, the visual medium of narrating comes natural, but he is impatient, so he employ stills and video to quench the need for detail in his storytelling.
He has had the pleasure of working as a photojournalist for some of the biggest companies like Associated Press to EPA, which gave him the chance to cover events from Afghanistan to the Olympic Games. I took this experience and helped PR clients like Nike, RedBull, and NSPCC.
He has been working as a business strategist with 12 Creative Monkeys for over 2 years, helping numerous clients reach their peak. He has been described as a 'marketing and branding guru, with a keen view of the business side'. He also has over 7 years experience in running successfully international photography business.
For his personal work please visit: bogdanmaran.com
You can also read his latest article on media here: Why we need to innovate THE News.