Actions and Detail Panel
Photographic Studio Lighting Workshop
Wed, April 12, 2017, 6:00 PM – 9:30 PM BST
Learn the basics of studio flash photography and useful application to your own business / organisation or web outputs with our all singing, all dancing training session.
Get more confident in your ability to produce high quality photography for your own blogs, websites, and social channels. Our training workshop will make a real difference to your photographic outputs - whether its for your website, social media or just for your own pleasure.
The session will be a mix of practical and no-nonsense theory (seriously, we’ll keep the jargon to a minimum). We’ll be finishing off the session with a Q&A plus a chance to chat.
What you can expect to get out of the session:
- Tips to help you maximise what you can do with little or no equipment
- Places limited to 6 to allow maximum shoot time and one-on-one support
- Introduction to key studio equipment you need to start taking photos
- Types of lighting / flash
- Creative composition with practical application for websites, editorial and design
- Moving away from auto-mode to control light and expand your creativity
- Lighting advice (on a budget / realistic circumstances / flash)
- Good amount of time shooting models and trying techniques
- Shoot our models under different lighting conditions
- Chance to have your own photos taken by others
- Info and advice on different types of photography kit
- Tips on how to get the most out of your camera.
- Apps to help you process / edit and share your images
- Q&A session with Alex Mills (www.alxmls.co.uk)
- Drinks, nibbles and light bites to keep you suitably refreshed.
Everything from SLR cameras to iPhones welcome although we recommend that you bring a DSLR with a standard hotshoe flash attachment. We do have a spare camera too so no need to stress too much. (if shooting Sony, you will need to bring an adapter like one of these)
It is advised, but not essential that you familiarise yourself with these camera settings before the session:
- Changing ISO
- How to change aperture (referred to F)
- How to change speed (usually shown as 1/125 )
Digital note handouts provided after the session.
Photography Workshop Details
Location: Burning Red Studio, 3 Burt Street, Cardiff CF10 5FZ
Date: Wednesday 12th April 2017
Time: 6pm – 9.30pm
Parking: Available on street
Kit to bring: Your DSLR (note, if Sony, you will need adaptor as mentioned above)
Cost: £79 (no booking fee)
Places strictly limited. Book early to avoid disappointment.
Terms + Conditions
All of our workshops are organised in advance and tailored to the number of bookings received. For this reason, any attendees who need to cancel their place will be refunded, but will also be subject to a 15% cancellation fee. Any refunds requested within the 7 days prior to an event will come with a 50% cancellation fee.