Actions and Detail Panel
Philly Robotics Expo 2017
Tue, May 30, 2017, 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM EDT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Robots are taking over Philadelphia!
Central High School’s RoboLancers will unveil the newest and most exciting advances in the field of robotics at the Philly Robotics Expo hosted by the RoboLancers and the GRASP Lab of the University of Pennsylvania. You don’t have to be a science geek to have a blast playing with real robots and learning from local business people, engineers and students who are transforming science fiction into science reality! Kids, parents and professionals can all be a part of this exciting look into Philadelphia robotics. Children of all ages are invited to attend our hands-on workshops on topics ranging from autonomous programming to real robot driving lessons.
This year’s PRX will run from 9:0 am to 3:00 pm. Highlights will include FIRST robotics demonstrations from Jr. FLL, FLL, FTC, and FRC teams; tours of the GRASP Labs including Flying Robots, Humanoids, and “Upennalizers” Soccer Robots; and activities and demos from exhibitors. The event will be held at four locations on Penn’s Campus: Singh Nanotechnology Center, Skirkanich, Levine, and SEAS Hall.
- WHAT: The seventh Annual Philly Robotics Expo (PRX) is a one-day demonstration and workshop event geared towards K-12 students.
- WHY: PRX seeks to inspire K-12 students in the City of Philadelphia to enter STEM fields and discover the world of robotics through workshops and demonstrations.
- WHO: Robotics teams, universities, tech businesses, organizations and Central High School students work together with K-12 students from the City of Philadelphia.
- ORGANIZERS: PRX is hosted by Central High School’s RoboLancers, a FIRST Robotics team, and the University of Pennsylvania's GRASP lab, in partnership with Technically Philly.
Elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools are invited to explore many different aspects of engineering and robotics. Registration is limited to 33 students per school/group, but we would prefer 25 per group. PRX is free and open to all registered visitors.
PRX includes the following events:
- 6 robotics classes including Intro to Electromechanical, Intermediate Electromechanical, Advanced Electromechanical, Intro to Programming, Intermediate Programming, and Advanced Programming
- FIRST® Tech Challenge (FTC®) scrimmage where attendees learn how to operate FTC® robots
- FIRST® LEGO® League (FLL®) and Jr. FIRST® LEGO® League (Jr FLL®) scrimmage, presented by the University of Pennsylvania's GRASP lab, where attendees learn how to operate Mindstorm robots
- Exhibitor hall where universities, high schools, organizations, and companies present robotics and advanced technology
- Seminars, lectures, and demonstrations
- Tours of the robotics labs at the University of Pennsylvania, including the Quadrotors lab
All proceeds from the Philadelphia Robotics Expo will go towards supporting Philadelphia robotics.