Philadelphia Open Apiary Day
Saturday, June 11, 2011 from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
Please join us for the first annual Philadelphia Open Apiary Day!! This event will take place in 3 neighborhoods around the city: Brewerytown, West Philly and Northwest Philly. Each location will have 2-3 apiaries for you to visit during a specified time. This event will give you a unique opportunity to see how and where other beekeepers in the city keep their bees. Our hope is that this event will serve as a terrific learning experience and a great source of inspiration. Beekeepers will be stationed at each site to talk about bees and maybe open some hives.
A few important things about this event -
1) YOU MUST REGISTER THROUGH EVENTBRITE IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE MAP OF APIARY LOCATIONS AND THE TIMES THEY WILL BE OPEN!! You will receive an email a few days before the event with all of the information.
2) Attendees younger than 16 years old must be accompanied by a parent
3) Please provide your own water and refreshments
4) This is a self-guided tour, you are on your own for getting to the different locations
5) The raindate is Sunday, June 12th at the same times
Please join us for what promises to be a great day!
When & Where
Philadelphia Beekeepers Guild
Located in the cradle of American beekeeping, the Philadelphia Beekeepers Guild works to encourage and promote urban beekeeping through fellowship and education, and to raise awareness of the importance of bees to our environment.