Pharmaceutical Government Price Reporting: Impact of Obamacare
Tuesday, February 25, 2014 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
This webinar on drug price reporting will discuss the changes to the Medicaid Drug Program and its impact on pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
Why Should You Attend:
The Medicaid Drug Program is the single largest purchaser of drugs in the U.S. Changes to the Medicaid program will impact most pharmaceutical and biotech companies, not only for their regulatory reporting requirements, but also the contracting function, sales and marketing, and finance.
This session will help you understand the preparation and planning required for drug price reporting changes and the specifics of how to implement them. This session will create an awareness and inform you of the proposed changes by CMS, the potential impact to your company, the issues raised by these changes and practical solutions to address them.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- A refresher on the changes made to drug price reporting under the Obamacare
- A Summary of the Proposed Rules by CMS
- Discussion of the potential impact of the Proposed Rules
- Potential issues to consider
- Potential solutions to issues raised by the changes
- Recommendations to prepare for the coming changes
Participants will learn about the changes to Medicaid drug price reporting brought about by Obamacare and potential changes under the Proposed Rules by CMS. You will be aware of the potential issues and learn how these are being addressed in the industry.
Who Will Benefit:
This webinar will benefit personnel in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
- Compliance personnel, especially those involved with the government price reporting
- Finance personnel, especially those involved with the CFO certification of prices reported; finance staff involved with gross-to-net accruals
- Senior sales and marketing personnel involved with government contracting
- Consulting firms servicing pharmaceutical and biotech companies
- Accounting firms servicing pharmaceutical and biotech companies
- Top management
Ben Barrameda, CPA, MBA, JD, has over 20 years of regulatory compliance experience, 15 years of which is in the Life Science Industry. Ben has been in the forefront of pharmaceutical government pricing since 2000 and has spoken in numerous conferences on this topic. Ben is currently a partner/founder of Cumulus Consulting LLC. Before Cumulus, Ben was a Principal at IMS Health. Prior to IMS Health, Ben was the National Practice Leader for Deloitte & Touche’s Government Pricing Practice. Ben is CPA certified in New York and New Jersey and is a member of the New York Bar. Ben earned his law degree from Fordham Law School and Post-Masters Certificate in Accounting from Fordham Graduate School of Business.
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.