Actions and Detail Panel
PGR workshop: Finishing the thesis
Wed 22 March 2017, 14:00 – 17:00 GMT
A short focused workshop to provide a space for researchers who are nearing the end of their period of study. Three researchers who have recently completed and successfully defended their thesis will offer some tips and guidance. It’s also a great opportunity to meet other PG researchers from across the School in an informal setting.
The workshop covers, among other things:
- Editing and finishing your thesis
- Time management – juggling competing demands
- strategies for writing
- Developing the argument of the thesis
- planning the writing up period;
- good practice for ensuring clarity,
- final editing….
- Wellbeing in the last stages.
There will be plenty of time to ask questions and a dedicated session where you will be invited to talk to other researchers in a ‘bring an issue’ session.
Session will be led by: Dr Philippa Wiseman, Dr Steve Rolfe, Dr Allan Gillies
Supported by School of Social and Political Sciences PGR Experience Fund