Actions and Detail Panel
Fri, June 3, 2016, 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM EDT
Academy Award, Golden Globe Award & BAFTA winner and UNESCO Special Envoy for Peace & Reconciliation, Forest Whitaker (The Last King of Scotland, The Butler, Bird), will host Performers4Peace, a benefit concert on Monday, May 9th at 42West (514 West 42nd Street). The Broadway community is coming together to support Whitaker Peace & Development Initiative's work to build peace in war-torn countries. These incredible performers will sing songs of peace made popular by the likes of Stevie Wonder, Sam Cooke, Whitney Houston, Bob Marley, Barbra Streisand & more in this one-night-only concert! Click here for a sneak peek!
Sirius XM’s Julie James & Tony Award winner James Monroe Iglehart will emcee! The evening will be directed by Olivier Award nominee Stafford Arima (Allegiance, The Secret Garden in Concert, Ragtime [West End], Carrie, Altar Boyz), and include performances by:
- Drama Desk Award winner Derrick Baskin ("Difficult People," Memphis, Spelling Bee)
- Tony Award nominee Daniel Breaker ("Mozart in the Jungle," Book of Mormon, Passing Strange)
- Master Bucket Drummer ChoclattJared (featured percussion for Bring in Da Noise Bring in Da Funk, Lauryn Hill, Aretha Franklin, Beyoncé, & more)
- Bryan Terrell Clark ("Person of Interest," Motown)
- Patrice Covington (The Color Purple)
- Astaire Award nominee Mara Davi (A Chorus Line, Drowsy Chaperone, Dames at Sea)
- Alysha Deslorieux (Hamilton, Beautiful, Sister Act)
- Matt Gould and Griffin Matthews (co-author’s of Invisible Thread recently at Second Stage)
- Carly Hughes (Chicago, Pippin, Book of Mormon)
- Tony Award winner James Monroe Iglehart (Aladdin, Memphis, Spelling Bee)
- Marcus Paul James (Rent, In the Heights, Motown)
- Mykal Kilgore ("The Wiz Live," Motown, Book of Mormon)
- Olivier Award winner Lesli Margherita (Dames at Sea, Matilda, Zorro the Musical [West End])
- Tony Award nominee Constantine Maroulis ("American Idol," Rock of Ages, Jekyll & Hyde, Friend Art)
- Jill Paice (An American in Paris, Matilda, The 39 Steps)
- Catherine Ricafort (Disaster!, Allegiance)
- Tony Award nominee Brandon Uranowitz (An American in Paris, Baby It’s You!)
- The Broadway Dreams Choir
Performers4Peace is produced by Untitled Theatricals (An American in Paris, Dames at Sea, Eugene O'Neill's Hughie) in association with Langfelder Presents (LLC). The concert will be music directed by Juilliard alumna Annastasia Victory (Little Dancer, Leap of Faith, 3 Mo' Divas), and the band will be comprised of musicians from various Broadway shows (The Lion King, Les Miserables, An American in Paris, The Color Purple, among others).
Full cash bar available for those 21+, with a valid ID.
15% off at KTCHN (restaurant in the hotel) beforehand, if you mention Performers4Peace.
Nearest subway: A/C/E/1/2/3/7/N/Q/R/S to 42nd Street
Nearest parking: QuikPark (620 West 42nd Street) or Manhattan Parking (450 West 42nd Street)
For questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will Forest Whitaker be there? Yes, Mr. Whitaker will be there and will be a part of the concert.
What should I wear? Festive/cocktail/business attire is recommended, but not enforced.
Can I sit with my friends if we buy separately, but at the same price point? Yes, please see the hostess upon arrival.
Is seating reserved? Seating is reserved by section/price point.
Will there be a silent auction? Yes, there will be a silent auction & raffle.
Date and Time
514 West 42nd Street
New York, NY 10036