San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This 2 1/2 day course teaches participants to perform patient triage, decontamination, treatment, and transportation in the event of exposure to chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosive (CBRNE) hazards. The course consists of facilitated discussions, small group exercises, handson activities, and task-oriented practical applications. Course participants will use both state-of-the-art adult and pediatric human patient simulators to promote critical thinking skills while utilizing the RAPID – Care concept.
- Proper detection and monitoring, triage, mass decontamination, treatment, stabilization, selfprotection, & cross-contamination prevention. Environmental factors and protective issues for both first responders and the public.
- CBRNE incident planning and response
- Basics of CBRNE agents and their physiological effects on the human body
- RAPID-Care concept for CBRNE incidents
- Assessment skills for adult and pediatric patients
- Simple Triage and Rapid Treatment (START)
Continuing Education Credits:
- AAFP – 13.5 hours
- IACET – 1.6 CEUs
- ENA* – 12.6 hours
- DSHS - 16 hours
- Virginia OEMS CEUs have been applied for.
*This continuing education activity was approved by the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA), an accredited approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
**Students should wear comfortable appropirate clothing; scrubs or work uniform. Be prepared for hands on and PPE Dress out**. Outside work day 3.
1. Participants must be US citizens.
2. Actively employed or volunteer member of a healthcare facility, first response agency (EMS, fire, Law enforcement) or an emergency management agency.
3. Must have picture ID issued by department/agency prior to the start of instruction.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Students are required to complete the FEMA General Admissions Application (FEMA FORM119-25-1) and turn it in on the first day of class.
- Tuesday, December 6, 2016: 0800 - 1630 - Classroom and Hands-On Patient Simulator
- Wednesday, 7 December 2016: 0800-1630 - Classroom and Hands-On Patient Simulator
- Thursday, 8 December 2016: 0800 - 1300 - Hands-On Decon (Outside)