PEP SCHOOLS OUT - ART/PHOTO TOUR
Saturday, August 3, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM (EDT)
Experience the National Museum of African Art. And then using your digital camera/smartphone, tour DC and photograph your favorite sites. All photos will be submitted to View Bug an online photo competition. There will be a break for lunch. Please pack a lunch, water and/or money. Transportation to and from the event is the responsibility of the registrant. We will meet at West Hyattsville Station in Hyattsville, MD and take the train into DC. The tour will last approximately 3 hours. Please wear comfortable shoes for walking and all registrants must have a phone with a camera or a digital camera.
There will be a photography lesson given with an experienced photographer prior to the tour. The date will be emailed to all registrants to attend. Attendance is optional but recommended. After the tour, there will be 2 weeks to submit your top 3 photographs for submission into the competition. Information on the competition registration will be send to all registrants.
Ages 9 and up Cost: Free
Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult
THINGS TO KNOW about the People Effecting People Summer Youth Program
- You must pre-register and pre-pay for all events, even free events. Please visit our website at www.pepdmv.org for the registration link.
- PEOPLE EFFECTING PEOPLE reserves the right to cancel any event for any reason. Event cancellations will be necessary for any event that is undersold, or if the venue changes the reservation for any reason.
- Refunds for cancelled events will be made within 10 days of the event cancellation.
- Parents of children under 13 cannot for any reason leave their children unattended at any of our events. All children are subject to People Effecting People’s Code of Conduct. Children who violate the Code of Conduct will be restricted from attending events in the future.
- There will be a global Waiver and Release for participation in any event during the 2013 Summer/Fall programs.
- By registering for our events, you consent to our Code of Conduct and Waiver of Release. Both items are available for review and signature at www.pepdmv.org. Our venues may also have a code of conduct or waiver of release necessary for participating in activities on their premises. These must be completed and adhered to in order for your child to participate.