People Smart: Hiring, Retaining & Motivating A High-Performing Stylist Team
Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 9:30 AM - Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 4:30 PM (EST)
Taught by: Arlene Lyons and Jeff South.
Sunday, February 3, 2013, 9:30AM - 4:30PM
The most critical ingredient in the success of a salon/spa business is your team – especially the stylists. Learning how to find, attract, retain, and motivate the best talent is what will make the difference between business success and failure.
What You Will Learn:
- Understanding your workforce, especially Millennials – what makes them tick, differences between generational groups that create conflict
- Effective methods and tools for screening applicants, interviewing, technical evaluation, etc.
- How compensation/incentive plan design could hurt or help
- Role of staff training and mentorship in retention
- Proven techniques and ideas for motivating your stylists and other team members
- Maintaining an environment that makes the right people stay