This class is designed to help mechanics set, maintain, and repair the mechanical
sweeper for the best operation. Setting of brooms and conveyors will be discussed
with emphasis on safety, proper operation, maintenance, and repair.
Technicians will learn troubleshooting of electrical, electronic, and hydraulic systems related to sweeping functions.
Hydrostatic drives and hubs will also be reviewed for troubleshooting
and repair. Sweepers discussed will include the NP and Waterless Pelican (NR).
● Sweeper Operation from the Mechanic’ Point of View
● Operating Parameters
● Main and Side Broom Settings and Operation
● Conveyor Systems –Settings, Operation, Maintenance, and Repair
● Operating and Emptying the Hopper
● Water Pumps and Spray Nozzles
● Waterless Sweeper Components and Operation
● Maintenance of the Sweeper –Maintenance Schedule
● Electrical Systems
● Electronic Controls and the Electronic Service Tools
● Hydraulics and Hydrostatic Drive System
● Hubs and Brakes
● Troubleshooting Pelican systems
● Power Systems and After-Treatment including the Tier 4 Final engine
Who should attend: New and experienced maintenance personnel and mechanics who want a better understanding of the Elgin Pelican sweeper.
March 22-24, June 21-23, September 20-22, October 25-27