Please join us for an informative product styling and photography workshop presented by professional photographer, Lisa Warninger and professional stylist, Chelsea Fuss.
Lisa Warninger, professional photographer, will cover topics including:
- Camera and lens selection
- How to know when to invest in professional photography
- Using natural window light to photograph products and people
- Model posing basics
- Photo composition
Chelsea Fuss, professional stylist, will cover topics including:
- Where to purchase set-making materials and props
- How to build a set
- What you should have in a basic photo styling toolkit
- Product Styling Tips & Techniques
- What lifestyle bloggers are looking for when looking for products to feature
Anna Joyce, a local textile designer and successful Etsy seller will cover topics including:
- When she knew the timing was right to invest in professional photography
- How she integrates her own photos with the professional photos in her Etsy shop
- How to maintain a cohesive look to your Etsy shop
You don't need to bring a camera to the workshop, and it's not necessary that you are currently using a SLR camera. You will be learning general photo composition and styling techniques and how to use natural window light when shooting your photos.
The small group of attendees of the afternoon session will have the opportunity to work hands-on with the photo styling sets and learning how to style your specific product. You will have the opportunity to work one-on-one with Chelsea and Lisa to get tips on styling and photographing your pieces.
Being familiar with a SLR camera highly recommended for the afternoon session. Please bring your camera and a few products that you sell if you are attending the afternoon portion of the workshop.
Lisa Warninger specializes in lifestyle, fashion and on-location shooting. She is widely known for her street style photography for Urban Weeds, which has caught the attention of creative directors and editors from Elle.com, Nikon, Chronicle Books, Nike and most recently cnn.com. Lisa's passion for photography and love of people has become known as her trademark when it comes to capturing the soul and spirit of her audience.
Chelsea Fuss authors the popular lifestyle blog, Frolic!, which was named one of the top design blogs in the world by the London Times and has received press from The Wall Street Journal, Lucky, Domino and more. As a prop stylist, Chelsea styles sets for product photography, books and catalogs and writes, styles and photographs for a variety of sites like Babble.com, Project Wedding, and My Wedding.com. She has styled catalogs and editorials for Rosanna Inc., Hanna Andersson, Rejuvenation, HGTV, Parents, Kinfolk and more.
Presented by the PDX Etsy Team and sponsored in part by Etsy