Pathway to Profit
One Day Seminar for Architects and Engineers
Discover the Secrets of Earning a 20%+ Profit
At AEC Management Solutions, Inc., we believe that architects, engineers and related
industry professionals create an extraordinary value for their clients. The simple goal of
this seminar is to help these professionals consistently earn a 20%+ profit for their services.
Achieving Financial Success
Financial success is a process, not an event. It is the result of hard work - not wishful
thinking. It starts with an understanding of the basics, continues with the implementation
of a well thought out plan and process that results in the financial success of a 20%+
Testimonial: We attended the seminar about eight years ago and it changed our
lives. We were nearly bankrupt trying to run our architectural firm because we
had no idea how to run a business. We were 15 people then. Today we are 100,
will do $25M if fees and a 35% profit. Truly amazing -wanted to say thanks.
Lonnie J. Laffen, AIA, LED, AP
Mastering the Financial Fundamentals
- Understanding your firms financial statements - finally!
- The key metrics you must monitor - and how to improve them
- How mastering these fundamentals increases the value of your firm
- Tools for predicting and managing your staffing needs
Collecting Your Money and Dramatically Improving Cash Flow
- Learn why collections are a process - not and event
- Techniques for invoicing quickly and accurately
- Terms and conditions to include in your proposals and contracts
- Strategies for developing and high level business relationship with your client that
dramatically improves your chances of quick payment
- How to follow-up with your clients to insure prompt payment
- The value of mission statements - do you really need one?
- Developing a vision for your future
- Practical techniques for setting goals
- Developing and action plan to reach your goals
- Techniques for following up and holding people accountable
- Scheduling and conducting effective internal meetings
- How often do we need to meet?
- Communicating with your staff
- Employee Reviews - How to say what you really mean
- Tips on turning around under performers
Project Management Essentials
- How to avoid information overload
- Deciding what information you really need
- Project budgeting essentials
- Making people responsible and accountable
- How to take action on project information
- How to identify scope creep and how to be paid
- Strategies for expanding the paid scope of work
- Tips and strategies for going to the client for more money
- Developing an incentive plan that rewards results
- Why great design and 20%+ profits are compatible
- A plan that rewards all employees, from partners to profit center managers,
discipline leaders, project managers, senior staff, junior staff and administrative support
- How to divide the profits into incentive pools
- How to reinvest profits for long term growth
- Practical strategies for implementing what you have learned
Who Should Attend?
- Department Heads
- Chief Financial Officers
- Anyone interested inconsistently achieving a 20%+ profit
Seminar Leader - Herbert M. Cannon, CPA
President AEC Management Solutions, Inc.
Herb Cannon is one of the nation's leading experts in the management of A/E firms
With over 25 years of "hands on" experience in the A/E Industry, Herb has held top
management positions in a number of high profile firms. Prior to founding AEC
Management Solutions, Inc., he held senior executive positions at Robert A.M. Stern
Architects, Ehrenkrantz Eckstut & Kuhn Architects and Burns & Roe Engineering. Mr.
Cannon has served these organizations in a variety of executive roles including Chief
Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Director of Project Management.
Throughout his 25-year career, he recognized that design professionals create an
extraordinary value for their clients. In 2000, he founded AEC Management Solutions,
Inc. with the simple goal helping A/E firms of all sizes to earn the money they deserve
for their creative efforts. To achieve this goal, he provides consulting services and
conducts numerous seminars throughout North America on Incentive Compensation,
Marketing, Strategic Planning, Project Management, Ownership Transition, and
Herb is an accomplished speaker, speaking to hundreds of A/E professionals each year
at seminars and professional association events. He has been a featured speaker for
the AIA, Axium Software, Society for Design Administration, SMPS, NSPE Chief
Financial Officer Roundtable, ASHRAE, Ontario Association of Architects, Texas
Council of Engineering Companies Leadership Forum and is a guest lecturer at New
Professional Investment in the Program
$595 per Attendee
Save $100 when you register by 30 days in advance
Registration fee includes attendance, 150 page workbook and bonus materials
AEC Management Solutions, Inc believes this program delivers an extraordinary value.
If you are dissatisfied with the program for any reason, your money will be promptly