San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
You have an invention and you want your idea be protected. Before filing a patent application, you would want to find out if the same idea has been published. A good patent search will help you identify prior art references that are critical to the patentability of your invention. Whether you are an inventor/entrepreneur or someone who just has an interest in patents, we designed this class to help you understand patent documents and navigate through multiple free online patent databases effectively.
- Part One: Introduction (including patentability requirements, identification of patent documents, patent classifications and patent search strategies)
- Part Two: Hands-on practice (covering classification search using USPTO's PatFT/AppFT, and EPO's Espacenet; Hybrid search using classification and keywords)
Classes are offered on multiple dates. Choose the date that fits your schedule and register online:
- Tue., Jan. 10, 2017, 1-3 p.m.
- Thur., Jan. 26, 2017, 12-2 p.m.
- Tue., Feb. 7, 2017, 1-3 p.m.
- Thur., Feb. 23, 2017, 12-2 p.m.
- Tue., Mar. 7, 2017, 1-3 p.m.
- Tue., Mar. 21, 2017, 1-3 p.m.
- Tue., April 11, 2017, 1-3 p.m.
- Thur., April 27, 2017, 12-2 p.m.
Prerequisites: Preview the 7-Step patent search strategy video by the USPTO before coming to class
These classes are open to everyone on the Georgia Tech campus as well as to the public. For more information, please email: email@example.com
Save This Event
When & Where
Georgia Tech PTRC