Pasadena Start Strong Veterans Event
Thursday, November 15, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM (PST)
The Enlisted Association of the National Guard of the United States (EANGUS) and University of Phoenix are teaming up to help veterans, active duty service members and their families prepare for life after the military.
Highlights of the Start Strong Veterans Event
- Panel discussions on transitioning to post-military life, with experts from the military, Veterans Affairs, government, corporations and University of Phoenix military alumni.
- Workshops that offer tips, tools and advice on successfully easing into civilian life.
- Networking sessions featuring employers and industry association representatives including: Air Force, Alliance School of Trucking, Inc., Guard Training Center, Julie De La Mora Employment Development Center, Mission Linen Supply, Organo Gold Coffee, Safeway/Vons, Verizon, and more!*
Career Coach with experience working with military populations will be present to talk to you about how career coaching can help you with all stages of career development:
· Self-Assessment: Values, Interests, Skills and how your military experience fits with occupational choices
· Exploration of career & educational choices that match your military experience with your areas of interest
· Career Decision-Making
· Self-Marketing: translating and leveraging military experience for a successful job search
You will learn how to register for distance Career Coaching services and more about Phoenix Career Services.
Refreshments will be served. Complimentary for veterans, active duty service members and their families, University of Phoenix students and alumni — invite your friends!University of Phoenix is proud to support Holiday Mail for Heroes by the American Red Cross. Stop by and sign a card for our nation's troops this holiday season.
*Employers and industry professionals subject to change.
No Federal or Marine Corps endorsement of advertisers or sponsors is implied.
University of Phoenix is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (ncahlc.org). The University’s Central Administration is located at 1625 W. Fountainhead Pkwy., Tempe, AZ 85282. Online Campus: 3157 E. Elwood St., Phoenix, AZ 85034.
© 2012 University of Phoenix, Inc. All rights reserved.
When & Where
Southern California Campus
Whether you earn your degree online or in a classroom setting, you'll get the same benefits we offer all our students—a dedicated team of advisors, small classroom sizes and experienced instructors. In addition to degree programs, many of our campus locations offer professional development workshops, tutoring, computer labs and other resources designed to give you the support you need to accomplish your academic goals. Our accessible education has made it possible for nearly half a million working professionals to earn their degrees. Start investing in yourself. Visit one of our locations near you today.
Locations near you:
Southern California Campus
Diamond Bar Learning Center
Gardena Learning Center
La Palma Learning Center
Lancaster Learning Center
Murrieta Learning Center
Ontario Learning Center
Pasadena Learning Center
San Bernadino Learning Center
Woodland Hills Learning Center
South Coast Learning Center