Parrish Construction 2-Day Primavera P6 Professional (Fundamentals), Release 15.1 Training Class
ATTENTION: This class is taught in a live and virtual environment. Travel is not required! PPM Global Services will host all Primavera software required for this class. Students do not need to own or install Primavera software to participate in this class.
What You Will Learn
- Create and schedule a project
- Assign resources.
- Adjust the project schedule.
- Execute and control the project.
- Add activities.
Benefits to You
Enrolling in this course will help you understand P6 Professional’s basic features and functionalities so you can apply them to your organization’s project management processes. You'll also learn how to manage projects on time and within budget to ensure optimal outcomes from capital and resource investments.
Explore Project Management Fundamentals
All workshops and instruction stress the three basic elements of project management: schedule, resources and costs.
Use P6 Professional
Throughout each day, you'll apply the concepts and functionality you learned in short workshops based on the lessons that were covered. The course is divided into three sections: Creating a Project; Scheduling the Project; Project Execution and Control.
The course uses P6 Professional, Primavera's Windows-based, client/server application. It is appropriate for those using P6 Professional either as a stand-alone application or as part of P6 EPPM.
Continuing Education Units
Professional Development and Continuing Education Units: Earns 19.5 PDUs and 1.95 CEUs. Please note that this course uses the P6 Optional Client (Windows-based client).
- Create a project
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Add activities
- View calendars
- Create relationships
- Schedule the project
- Assign constraints
- Format schedule data
- Define roles and resources
- Assign roles
- Assign resources
- Analyze resources
- Optimize the project plan
- Execute the project
- Create reports
- Understand data structures
- Business Analysts
- Functional Implementer
- Project Manager
- End Users
- The course duration is 2 days
- The course will be led by an instructor
- The course will be conducted live and virtual environment. Travel is not required.
- PPM Global Services will host all Primavera P6 software required for this class.
- Students will access the Primavera software remotely.
- Students do not need to own or install Primavera P6 to participate in this class.
Overivew & Navigation
- Describing Enterprise and Project-Specific data
- Logging In
- Opening an Existing Project
- Opening and Customizing Layouts
Enterprise Project Structure
- Describing Components of EPS
Creating a Project
- Create a project
- Navigating in the Projects Window
- Viewing Project Details
Creating a Work Breakdown Structure
- Defining a Work Breakdown Structure
- Creating the WBS Hierarchy
- Describing an Activity and its Components
- Describing Activity Types
- Adding Activities
- Adding a Notebook Topic
- Adding Steps to an Activity
- Assigning Activity Codes
- Viewing a Network Logic Diagram
- Relationship Types
- Creating Relationships
- Performing a Forward and Backward Pass
- Describing Float
- Applying an Overall Deadline to a Project
- Apply a Constraint to an Activity
Using Reflection Projects
- Creating a Reflection Project
- Merging Changes
Formatting Schedule Data
- Grouping Activities
Roles and Resources
- Describing Roles and Resources
- Viewing Dictionaries
- Assigning Roles to an Activity
- Assign Rates on Roles
- Assigning Resources
- Adjusting Budgeted Units/Time
- Displaying the Resource Usage Profile
Optimizing the Project Plan
- Analyzing Schedule Dates
- Shortening a Project Schedule
- Analyzing Resource Availability
Baselining the Project Plan
- Creating a Baseline Plan
- Display Baseline Bars on the Gantt Chart
Project Execution and Control
- Describing Methods for Updating the Schedule
- Using Progress Spotlight
- Statusing Activities
- Rescheduling the Project
- Describing Reporting Methods
- Running a Schedule Report
- Creating a report with the Report Wizard
- Each student will receive a copy of PPM Global Services' "Primavera P6 Professional 15.1 - Application Training (Fundamentals)" student guide in .PDF format.
- "Primavera P6 Professional 15.1 - Application Training (Fundamentals)" contains lessons and instructions for each topic discussed during class and will serve as the student guide throughout course instruction.
- Upon completion of class, the student will retain ownership of the "Primavera P6 Professional 15.1 - Application Training (Fundamentals)" student guide.
International Phone Numbers Provided
- International phone numbers provided for 18 countries.3/23/2016
- Alternatively, students can join using voice over IP (VOIP).