Parish Chic at Starlight Racing
Friday, March 14, 2014 from 5:00 PM to 11:30 PM (CDT)
New Orleans, LA
Come out at party with Parish Chic
I started the Parish Chic style column, with the Oxford American magazine about two years ago. It was and continues to be widely successful and has lead to features in Southern Living, Travel & Leisure and Wallpaper City Guide New Orleans. Now it's time to relaunch the column independently as a website and include other writers, photographers and expand the coverage outside of New Orleans.
To back this endeavor, I'm asking you to party with me at Starlight Racing and start your weekend with style and the excitement of nighttime horse racing in New Orleans. Between or during the races, party inside of the Miller Time Beer Garden that features several bars, food vendors, betting stations, televised races and videos. The tickets are $10. The first Post is and continues to about , followed by a live band in the grand stand. at Starlight Racing, tickets are $10 and it's more than a party, it's supporting style here in New Orleans and beyond.
A portion of the proceds will be donated to The Orchid Society.
The tickets are $10.
- First Post is 5p.m. and the last race is typically around 9:15p.m.
- DJ Kemistry in the Miller Time Beer Garden from 6-10p.m.
- Complimentary wine tasting from Constellation Brands featuring Robert
- Mondavi Private Selection in the Clubhouse from 5-6p.m.
- Dancers will perform in the Miller Time Beer Garden from 7-10p.m.
- The Mixed Nuts will perform in the Clubhouse from 7-11p.m.
When & Where
L. Kasimu Harris
In 2012, with my visions and verbs, Parish Chic began as a style column for the Oxford American. Now this column independantly aims to expand the coverage of style by incorporating other writers and photographers from across the globe.