Come Join Fellow Caregivers and Attachment-focused Professionals in the Outer Reaches of SPACE– the Universe of Therapeutic Parenting
Together, we’ll learn the art and “science” of parenting in SPACE through Safety, Support, Supervision, Structure, Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity and Empathy.
We’ll explore how negative experiences in early childhood can leave profound emotional and developmental scars which often make it very difficult for our young people to trust others and make it hard for them to develop and maintain healthy relationships. We’ll discover and practice approaches for reaching our precious children so that we can help them be on the path to healing we so desperately want for them.
We knew that caring for children can be incredibly intense. That’s why Parenting in SPACE is designed to provide a strong sense of connection with a community of understanding caregivers. And, that’s why we designed it to be fun! Like last year, we’ll laugh and cry and feel supported by fellow SPACE explorers, as we share our stories of success and struggle. Join us the weekend of April 21-22, 2012 at the beautiful Morton Arboretum in Lisle, Illinois.
- "Relax and Connect" Pre-conference with Christine Moers Friday, April 20, 2012 – 1:00 pm to 6:30 pm at the Doubletree Guest Suites and Conference Center. For more details please click here.
- Improv Playhouse Theater group will lead the opening session again this year. For more information about using improv to improve therapeutic parenting click here.
- Break-out sessions on Safety, Support, Supervision, Structure, Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity and Empathy, as well as child development, the impact of trauma in the development of the brain, navigating school issues, behavior management and other issues.
- Caregiver communities – smaller groupings of caregivers with an attachment-focused professional will meet periodically throughout the conference. Click here to view the Parenting In Space Facebook Page.
- Saturday night reception/open house with House Calls Counseling psychotherapists available to answer any and all questions!
- Early Discount Rate Deadline: December 31, 2011
- Questions Regarding Conference: Please call 847.256.2000 ext.101 or click www.HouseCallsCounseling.com
- Cancellations: You may cancel without penalty if written cancellation requests are received up to and including 45 days prior to the start of the conference. Due to financial obligations incurred by the House Calls Counseling, a credit less 50% of the registration fee will be issued for written requests received up to and including 21 days prior to the start of the conference. No refunds or credits will be issued on cancellation requests received less than 21 days prior to the start of the event.
- Recorded Sessions: By registering for Parenting in SPACE 2012, you are authorizing the use of any photograph(s), name and/or likeliness in any recorded sessions.